Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Day to Remember


It's 9:30am. I woke up from the voice I heard. I quietly listened and recognized the voices... Monica and Dem slept over at my place to help me finish laminating all the bookmarks to be given away for the Christmas Party. I decided to just sleep again since I still feel a bit dizzy.

10:30am. I woke up a second time. I decided to open my bible and read a Psalm like I usually do. As I read my bible, certain thoughts came to my mind and I tried looking for a particular verse and I felt annoyed more and more by the fact that I couldn't find it. I felt a bit disappointed with myself. So I got out of bed and went downstairs in annoyance.

11:00am. I told my mom that there's a laminating film stuck in the machine which halted the whole process of laminating the bookmarks. My mom called our neighbor who can help us and upon doing so, I chose to reflect more --to defeat the annoyance that's keeping me from enjoying my morning.

12:00pm. Lunch time. The machine is finally up and running and I'm multi-tasking between completing the Human Bingo Game and the lamination of the bookmarks. PRESSURE!

1:30pm. After we had lunch, we made an agreement to leave by 2:30pm so Monica can go home and take a bath so she can attend the Christmas Party while Dem can go home, take a bath then go to school.

3:00pm. PANIC. I took a bath, picked up everything that I need and went off. I tried looking for a cab but to no avail, I couldn't find one. I passed by a grocery and bought as many chocolates as I can which will be given away as prizes for the games.

4:00pm. I'm texting, calling and panicking while sitting still at the jeepney. The program's starting and I'm the program manager and I'm not even there!!!! I wanted to kick the driver to drive faster, throw the stuff I'm holding at somebody passing by just to vent out all the stress and I wanted to say cursed words just for the sake of letting all annoyance go... but I did none of those things, I just sat there quietly.

4:15pm. I'm at the end of my line. I just felt so irresponsible for being late and asking Eunice to run an errand for me. Responsibility theme is a killer! I felt that coming late is SO WRONG... but then I decided to PRAY.

4:30pm. I ran for my life to get there. I felt so tired and to my GREAT SURPRISE, everything is AWESOME. The two hosts are really good and everyone's having fun. I couldn't help but feel amazed and thankful for this.

Time onwards... I don't remember the proper sequence now but I do remember thinking of a game on the spot to compensate for the cancelled game and I had to adjust and even host the second part of the program. It was quite tiring and fun but one thing I did realize... GOD is there.

Psalm 46:10
Be still and know that I am God.

I know how wrong I am by not trusting in God more. I just felt like I've been a failure in trusting Him but He never fails to show me how trustworthy He is. I love You, Jesus.

December 3, 2011. A day I shall remember forever!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...