Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Practicum Days!

If I could count all the summers that I've had in my life, I wish that this is one summer [job] that I can extend. It's not because it's fun all the time, neither is it because there's something new all the time. But the mere fact that I found a new family in the midst of the busy office work is what broke my heart when we had to say goodbye.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
(On the left) The people from the HR department, not including Ms. Gherille and Ms. Bhelle. Me, Ms. Reyla, Ruby, Ms. Medy and Ms. Racquel. (On the right) Ms. Christine, Mr. Argie, Me, Ms. Char, Mr. Toni.

We, me and Ruby, started out as practicumers in the Human Resource Department commonly called the HR o HRD. It consist of the following aspects of our future job: Recruitment, Employee Relations and Payroll/Incentives. Before, I had a limited aspect of what an HR should be --and mean enough to say this, I find it boring because it consist mostly of paper works and more paper works. Sheesh.. T_T But anyway, so that was the idea and honestly, I felt a bit bad when out of nowhere, my cellphone rang and Drake International contacted me!!! Waaah! I really wanted to be part of that company because that's where Judz, Lui and I applied together but sadly, I already accepted the position here in The Body Shop so I declined.
The first thing that they did to us was to tour us around the whole floor, introducing us to different people, to different departments which I later memorized: Visual Management, Operations, Product, Marketing, Training and HR.
Afterwards, we spent two weeks learning the ways of an HR and also... I learned that it's not really boring! We had a great working atmosphere plus we realized that everything we do comes with a reason --one of our major projects is creating bulletin board which I admit didn't turn out really well but, nonetheless, I am very proud that we were able to produce something as such. It was fun and simple.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This picture is taken at SM Megamall Cinemas. It was "Earth Day" and the whole Body Shop prepared a documentary broadcast. It was in a way a unique day because everybody's family and friends came along but still, we didn't let go of the chance of not bonding together in the Photo Wall where the FAMOUS people project and get their pictures taken! This was at the time that I am part of the Training Dept. but I spent my time with the HR people. The picture below includes one of our company owners --Doc Mike as we call him.

I saw that being an HR requires a lot patience and discipline --not that others doesn't have that-- but the mere fact that as an HR, we get to receive all the complaints of the managers or employees, etc. It's a really hard life but it's fun as long as you did your part well!
When Jabum and Waki arrived, we moved out to the recruitment section for the first time! We usually just file the requirements submitted and we didn't get the chance to actually interview people and so-- the experience was something new and great! I get to hang-out in room 301 and take resumes and stuff. Though it was our last day on HR, I made the most out of it.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
(on the left) This is working hand-in-hand with Girbaud. I am there, in the corner, laughing while the guy nearest to me is Sir Tony of Girbaud, the only training officer. This is for employee orientation of how they should present themselves inside the shop. (On the right) This is during an in-store training where the supervisors are further trained to recognized and be aware of the JCB products.

I was HONESTLY afraid when we moved to the Training department which is the last aspect of our course when it comes to office work. On the very day that we've transferred to the said department, we became part of a Launch Pack of the Japanese Cherry Blossoms or what we call "JCB" in short. The Launch Pack is a meeting among Sales Supervisor and the Area Managers. As trainers, our role is to help them familiarize with the product and be able to help them create innovative ideas so they can persuade the customers to buy the said product. We were really excited to witness the said event --every department gets to give their own share in the said Launch Pack, one of which I remembered correctly is the Visual Management or the VM.
After the Launch Pack, we were assisting in different ways. At times, we were used as models --make-up models. Because there is a desperate need to use faces for whatever look that they need. I was used as the May Sale Look for the employees and later on, the Summer Trend Look for the employees and also the Summer Trend Poster Girl Look. We had a joke that my face was so exposed, it got as far as Cebu and yet, I've never ACTUALLY been there. Hahahaha.
There are also times that we get to do the inventory --I was slowly memorizing all the products of The Body Shop especially the make-up and most of the skin care products. I do remember some of the fragrances, body care, hair care, etc. but not all of them. It was fun when they need this particular product, they will ask you for help because you know where they are placed! Happy, hehehe. There will even be times wherein, I will have to assist them in different ways which I find very memorable.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
These were the shots taken during the May Sale Look. I was the model in front of ALL the Sales Supervisor in The Body Shop --because during this Launch Pack, the provincial people were present... huhuhu. So Ms. Christine took the liberty of demonstrating the May Sale Look with me as the model. Okay, bad thing here is that I'm really having a hard time when the eye liner is placed on my bottom eyelids.. is that right? Anyway, it took some time and a lot of concentration! hahahah! XD

The Training Department didn't start out as a family as back in the HR because most of the time, they weren't around. They were out doing in-store training which we later witnessed. But as the days went on, I've realized that they are a big happy family and they are really caring. It opened my eyes to the fact that they respect us in a way and I respected them greatly for that.
Beign part of the Training Department requires movement. It requires you to walk from here to there and then back and then go here then there and suddenly in all possible directions. It's always busy --especially when we get to witness another launch pack which is the May Sale or Anniversary Sale. We get to be exposed to different departments and assist in different projects. There are solitary moments but most of the time we were busy.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
(On the top left) That is me, posing. (Top Center) Donnalyn a.k.a. Waki (On the top right) Patrisha a.k.a. Jabum. (On the bottom left) is the three of us making our own personal poses! (On the bottom right) Another pose for the crowd. hahaha!

So after a quick paced days in The Body Shop --one of which we acted like stars in a premiere night -- I don't think that I'll regret the fact that I've chosen this company. I know I could have waited for the Drake to call me but I guess God told me one fact that i forgot: Keep your promises. Because way back at the start of classes, I forgot that I promised Ruby that I'll be her partner during OJT and God made me kept that promise --and He also blessed me for keeping that promise. Thank God... for everything. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...