Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Unfinished Story

This morning, I did something unusual: I checked the "DRAFTS" of my email. It's not really a weird and scary thing but it's more on... why did I bother to do that today? I have a long list of work to do but I had to sit down and really check my drafts one by one. So As I was browsing through my unsent emails and some links that I just saved, I saw this story that I've written that I can't remember now. It's kind of long so beware:
I closed my eyes. I can't breathe. I tried to suck in the remaining air around me but there's just not enough oxygen for my already exhausted body. I guess this is the end. Can I just say.... goodbye?
"Mikan! Move out!" a short-haired woman cried as she pushed me out of the way. I was also able to react and we were able to evade the large truck that was thrown our way. Thankfully, I placed a teleportation alice in me, which made moving from one distance to the other easier.
"Sorry..." I said. I was finding it hard to move or to breathe. We've been running around ever since I woke up this morning --I actually didn't slept. My body was weak and my mind was going blank. I had no idea what to do anymore and everything just felt like a very distant dream, a bad one at that.
"Move to the sides, we'll make a quick escape by that time, okay?" she confirmed. I nodded as I stared at her. This wasn't the kind of reunion my mom would probably want for the both of us. In the middle of a fight, struggling to survive. I bet she was disappointed after all the times that she had been waiting for us.
My mom made a quick glance from behind where her trusted partner Shiki was waiting. They both nodded and moved. I was to move back as far as possible as they try to divert the enemies in another direction. I teleported as far as I can but though their attempt to divert them was a success, there were still some going after me. I was an easy catch. As I teleported from tree to tree, trunk after trunk, I was no longer sure where I was going. I saw a burrow and immediate teleported there and hid myself. If there was one thing I had as an advantage, I have a nullification alice. No matter how much they try to search their area using their alice, I will nullify it to hid myself.
Silently, I hid myself. I can hear footsteps all around me. Leaves rustling here and there. I tried my best to stifle any sound that I produce. If possible, not breathe even if I needed more air. I watched from inside the burrow. It was dark and there was no way to tell where a person is.
After a few more moments, everything was quiet. I wanted to relax but it was too early to do so. I still have to find my mom and Shiki. As I took a deep breathe, I stared at the entrance of the burrow and saw a foot. I shivered.
"Mikan" the familiar voice said. It was mom! I wanted to come out but I wanted to wait for her to call again "Mikan, where are you? Shiki and I are here?"
I just watched her feet move in front of the burrow. I didn't move. There was something peculiar going on and I wasn't sure what. As I waited longer, I heard the female voice turn into a man. "That rotten kid is nowhere to be found"
"Yeah... I can't use my alice to find her... she's a nullifier" another voice said.
"Let's move over there"
"Sure"
And there was silence. I hugged my knees to comfort myself. It was cold and I was alone. So much has happened and I don't know what to do anymore. As I sank into my own thoughts, I heard a loud rustling sound of somebody walking towards where I was. I remained still like earlier.
As I tried not to breathe, I almost screamed when somebody entered the burrow. He immediately went towards me and fell. I stared in shock.
"NATSUME!" I cried in a not so loud voice.
"I knew you would hide here" he said trying his best to seat up but he seems so tired, he was literally passing his body weight to me. I helped him sit up but he was just too weak so I allowed him to place his head on my lap and let him rest. I stroke his hair quietly as I stared at his tired face.
As I did that, he opened his eyes and pinched my nose making me blush in surprise.
"Idiot..." he said "Stop playing with my hair or I'll burn yours"
I couldn't help but smile at what he said. After this long day, it was the most relieving statement I've heard all day. We've been running around, finding out who my parents were. Everything exhausted me. Everything was tear-jerking and I felt like my eyes were so dried out, I wouldn't be able to cry in years.
"Thanks Natsume" I said as he closed his eyes again. As I smiled, I couldn't help but believe that we can still have a better day after this. At that moment, tears fell down from my eyes. I didn't know why but they just fell. Not stopping but flowing continuously. I know that Natsume knew I was crying, some of my tears fell on his face but he did not say anything to stop me, he just let me cry my heart out.
The night was long but I knew it was far from over.
----O.o-----
When I woke up, I realized that I was leaning on Natsume's chest. He didn't seem to bother and he seemed like he was at peace but I immediately moved away knowing that he was more tired that I am. He didn't seem to bother that I moved, he remained unmoved.
"Natsume" I started as I faced him.
He didn't react. I guess he was too tired to even react. I tried to look around and see what was happening outside but I don't want to dare go out of the burrow. Somehow, Natsume's presence made the burrow felt like a home to me.
As I took a peak outside, I saw the bright morning light shine upon us. I had no idea what time was it but it was bright and the sun was up. I tried to listen for any sound but there was nothing. Using my teleportation alice, I moved from one distance to another quietly. Everything was quiet, it was scary. As I searched the area more, I heard a nearby stream with it's peaceful flowing sound. I went to it with caution and washed my face. After doing so, I took my handkerchief and dipped it into the water.
When I got back at the burrow, Natsume was awake.
"Where did you go?" he asked demandingly.
"I just searched the area and see if there is anybody" I said approaching him and I wiped his face. "I found a nearby stream to freshen myself up"
He didn't react anymore. He was already too weak to even stand up, let alone find me that evening.
"Natsume" I said as I wiped his wounds "Take care of yourself"
He didn't react. I continued to at least try to clean his wounds but he was quiet all the while. When I was finished, we sat there in peace.
After probably an hour or so of waiting, Mikan felt her stomach grumble. She didn't bother to say anything about it because she knew that Natsume would be hungry too.
"You're hungry?" he asked quietly. I didn't want to answer his question but my stomach kept on rumbling for me to deny.
I just nodded quietly. He suddenly stood up a bit shakily and I supported him immediately.
"Let's look for food" was all he said and we went out of the burrow quietly. When I first went out, I was petrified, but somehow, Natsume's presence assured me that it'll be all okay.

So I based this story on my favorite Manga/Japanese Comics: Gakuen Alice or Alice Academy. This is actually a fan-made story. So I'm a fan and I wrote this story. It's been a while since I last read this Manga. After deciding to stop reading for a while, I have lost track of the story and the characters. From time to time, I reminisce but it's not the same as before. So when I saw this fanfiction that I've made, I can't help but laugh. I actually do write about things like these? Huh? I can't help but laugh at the thought but I actually do. I have an account for writing fanfictions but even when I stopped watching animes and such, why do I still love to write? The passion for creativity and writing a good story has never died in my heart... I wonder why?

This is my favorite scene so far. It's not because the mom died but it's the part where Natsume willingly gave his Healing Alice Stone. Natsume's life span is short, every time he uses his power called alice (his is fire), he actually uses part of his life. So when he's weak, he uses this Healing Alice Stone to heal his wounds. So why did I love this scene? Because when he gave away his alice stone, he actually gave up the possibility to live longer. Sacrifice. It reminded me of the One who died so I may live.

I'm not the best writer out there but the passion to write never died down. I still want to write and I still want to continue writing. Recently, several stories have been developing in my mind and how I want to open a laptop and start typing about my thoughts, ideas and the story that I want to develop but I always find it awkward to write when somebody is around or when I am distracted but unlike the story above, I haven't forgotten the plot of the most recent story I had in mind. I have more than 3 stories recurring in my mind, stories that I've developed since my high school days and I'm going detail per detail in planning how the plot should go. I guess the biggest setback now is actually producing the book. Haha.

BUT I have a confession here. Unlike before where I am willing to compromise my standards, I somehow can't and will not let my standards be compromised just because it's a story. My thoughts and imaginations are now influenced by my Christianity and I can't help but just let the best love story that God wrote for me reflect in the stories that I write. I haven't found the "one" I am to marry --if I will marry--but I do found the One who has died on the cross for me. Jesus is more than enough.

I'm also sharing a good song on what Jesus sees in us. It's "What Love Sees" by Mac Powell :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...