Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Vine

Source: Karen's Whimsy
John 15:1-2  (NCV) I am the true vine; my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch of mine that does not produce fruit. And he trims and cleans every branch that produces fruit so that it will produce even more fruit.
Happy Day 6!

The one week fasting is almost over and it happened so fast I felt like my life just flashed before my eyes. Today, I thought it was a Friday only to realize that it's a Wednesday! It's a LONG week because I never realized that I had so much time but in a way, it also felt so fast because everything's just happening one after the other. I just felt like everything's moving so fast but in a slow-mo moment.

Anyway, I'm blogging because these past few days, God just kept pounding my heart, breaking it into a billion pieces. I feel hurt and torn but also at peace and well-loved. Weird? YES! God has been dealing with me and different issues of my heart that I didn't know I had before --well, I knew I had them I just didn't know how to deal with them and now, God is answering my prayers and as He deals with my issues, I really feel torn apart but so thankful for the whole thing. I feel torn apart because the process is painful: rejection, disappointments and a whole lot others but the thankfulness comes with the fact that I am part of the vine! I am part of the vine and Jesus is trimming me! He is cleaning everything that hinders me from bearing fruit and I can sincerely claim that He is pushing me to go for a next level of walk with Him.


Daniel 3:17-18 (NCV) If you throw us into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from the furnace. He will save us from your power, O king. But even if God does not save us, we want you, O king, to know this: We will not serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up."
Last night, I read 1 Peter 5 but because I couldn't feel that God is clearly speaking to me through that bible chapter, I decided to seek a different book. I wanted to read Nahum but when I passed by the Book of Daniel, I felt God telling me to read chapter 3 and I highlighted that part.

As God is trimming me from the inside, He is also planting a heart of no compromise in me! A heart that seeks to honor Him more than anything else in this world. I know I can't do that but only through grace alone but I am amazed and humbled by the things God is doing to me even if it can be very painful at the moment. He is looking at something that is eternal, so the pain is temporary but the character that will be refined as I feel the fire consume me is something that will last forever.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...