Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Plurking it!

It's honestly been some time already before I was able to realize that I'm into a new fandom. I wasn't even able to update my blog because I was so busy reading manga and writing random stuffs and doing "this" that I realized... what is this?

It's simply "Plurk".

I recently discovered this site where Ikang invited me and I got hooked here because it updates regularly to the posts of your fellow Plurk-mates and it is similar to an online chat box except that it's through the browser and you can customize your site. It's easy to share pics, links and even videos here.

The whole system of Plurk is to gain more friends and at the same time, earn "Karma points". Karma is the point system here. For every post and every reply made, the karma increases gradually and the more friends you invite, the more point you will have in your karma. The benefits of the karma system is the emoticons or commonly known as the smileys. The smileys vary depending on the karma points that you have, the higher the karma the cute the emoticons and one of my over-used emoticon is the dancing banana, hahaha, poor banana.

Anyway, Plurk revolutionizes the idea of simple chatting into a blog-like chat room where you can post "Status" or "Share" links that you would usually post in your blog, it's fun to explore and learn. The more friends you have in Plurk, the better because it makes the whole thing more interesting in its own way and the fact that Plurk allows you to have friends from all over the world is another bonus. :)







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...