Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hunger Pangs

Credits to: The Daily Green

It's DAY 4 of Prayer and Fasting!

The past few days had been AWESOME. I definitely feel weaker than before and working, analyzing and just doing the stuff I'm supposed to do here in the office adds a bit to the mental-gymnastics but that's not the point of praying and fasting. I fast and pray because I want to be hungry and be filled with the Holy Spirit. 2012 has come and what better way to start the year is to seek Him. God is on top of my priority list.

Just to share a gist of what happened the past few days, I've attend the daily prayer meetings at the VCF Pioneer Mainhall every 7pm to 9pm. I always arrive when the worship team is already singing and everyone is on their feet worshiping the Lord. I position myself in a corner where I can seat on the floor and rest my back on the wall. I prefer that because it makes me feel at home which makes the whole worship experience more personal. So as I rest my back on the whole, for the past worships, I've been crying my heart out in thanksgiving and praise to Him! He has come through for me so much and I feel so undeserving to have Him and receive His mercy and grace yet you can feel His presence there, beside you.

I've met Jona in the 2nd day of Prayer and Fasting. She's a new believer who is excited to be water baptized. I'm amazed at how meek and peaceful she is, taking the moment that even if she's alone, she went ahead and showed up to worship the Lord. AMAZING! The joy of worship isn't about the friends you have beside you but just that moment of singing and praising the God who created the world who cared enough to send His Son, Jesus Christ, to set you free from your sins. It's a memorable moment to just watch her sing and worship. I can't help but feel so blessed that God is calling out different people from different walks of life, regardless of age, all empowered by the Holy Spirit.

Yesterday is my first meeting with my Victory Group (VG). I discussed with them Exodus 17. I'll most probably a separate post on it but the whole point of Exodus 17 for me is how God asking us to come before Him, surrendering and obeying His will. In surrendering to God, there is victory! I personally experienced that last Saturday (Day 2) when I surrendered something that is BEYOND me. I can't act on it personally and I can't go to places. I felt so powerless and unable but God is really true to His promise that if I surrender it to God, He is faithful to help you! He came through. I thank God for answering my prayers!

A whole lot more have happened in the past three (3) days and because it's Day 4, only God knows what is to come! I know that God has prepared new surprises today and I trust Him that He will be with me in every step of the way.

Psalm 37:23-24
When people's steps follow the Lord, God is pleased with their ways.
If they stumble, they will not fall, because the Lord holds their hand.

Just want to share a song from Matt Redman:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...