Thursday, January 5, 2012

More of Him, Less of me


Seven days of Prayer and Fasting!


Every year, our church, Victory Christian Fellowship (VCF), holds a seven-day prayer and fasting just a few days after the New Year celebration. It's a good kick-off for the year to seek God and ask for guidance and grace for the whole year. It's a season of going hungry not for the purpose of diet and to lose the holiday flabs but to be filled with the Holy Spirit.

The first time I heard about this, I was very excited. It's 2010 and I felt that I want to join but partially hesitating. Because of my lack of enthusiasm and want to participate, I wasn't able to complete the one-week fasting and just felt like I'm more of dieting than actually praying and fasting. Fasting without prayer is dieting, by the way.

So when 2011 came, I really prepared myself not realizing that God was preparing me more. Days before the scheduled date, I've slowly loss apetite. I didn't bother eating much and I wanted to eat more fruits than actual meals and a day before, somebody told me that the fasting starts tomorrow! Of course I panicked. Last year was a mess and I don't want to mess up this year but by His grace alone everything went well. I had an amazing encounter and I feel so blessed to fast and pray and worship Him with an empty stomach with a full heart.

2011 has been an amazing year and I felt that fasting is a great way to kick-off the year which is why I'm participating in the fast again this year. I know it's becoming an annual thing but I have to say that even if it is an annual thing, it's not the same every year. This year, I have more specific goals and I have more things that I'm praying for. Things that I believe God is planting in my heart! Yesterday is the official day when the fasting starts and after attending the prayer and worship last night.. WOW. I feel so blessed.

This is just me being me... taking a picture of my "Angry Bird" with the "DAY 1" I made myself! hahahaha

When I came to the new Pioneer Center last night, I have a lot in mind, burdens and annoyances, concerns and crazy thoughts but as we all worshiped and prayed, slowly I felt my knees giving away and my eyes crying like there's no tomorrow. God speaking directly into my heart and I felt that He loves me, He cares for me and that I seriously need Him more than anything or anyone else in my life. It's difficult to explain the encounter I had with God but more than anything else, I just feel so blessed, so loved and so happy that I can worship God forever.

It's just Day 1 and I'm believing for more encounter this coming days! Praises to God!!! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...